Episode 8 of the (un) Common Sense Podcast is now available! This week’s episode focuses entirely on the Barnett Government’s cuts to education in Western Australia. Luke speaks with local Society and Environment Teacher Mark, about the implications of these cuts. Topics discussed include:
- The role of an Education Assistant in the classroom environment
- The importance of Education Assistants to special needs students
- Likely impact of losing 500 Full-Time Equivalent Education Assistant jobs
- Peter Collier & Colin Barnett back-flipping on pre-election promise there would be ‘no job losses’ in public sector.
- Risk of super-sizing schools
- Importance of culture and community within a school
- Likelihood of further cuts to Education under a Liberal Government
Additional resources: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s51S_0SMfg No jobs for more than 700 newly graduated teachers this year in Western Australia. United Voice WA members horrified by cuts to education.