This third episode of the (Un) Common Sense Podcast is a week late, as a result of a tragedy in Luke’s family last week.
This weeks podcast includes:
- My reaction to the Armadale Forum with Police Commissioner and Minister, including brief discussion on ‘privilege’ within the local community and the need for better community facilities in Armadale.
- Comment on government paternalism + prohibition/harsh penalties vs harm reduction.
- The need a set deadline to reach 100% renewable energy in Australia.
- Various plans for achieving a 100% renewable energy .
- The Greens ‘Energy 2029’ plan for Western Australia.
- Clean Energy Act of 2011 and the Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC).
- Reflection on change in Labor Party leadership & implications/opportunities.
Download the Greens WA ‘Energy 2029’ full policy document
Short version of the Greens WA ‘Energy 2029’ policy
Business Insider article on AEMO 100% renewables report
Australian Energy Market Operator report confirms 100% renewables feasible in Aus
Rethinking 2050, A 100% Renewable Energy vision for the EU report
Go 100 Percent – monitoring projects and plans for 100% renewable energy sources
Luke in the local Community Newspaper talking about Armadale, policing and the need for more social facilities around the local community.