This third episode of the (Un) Common Sense Podcast is a week late, as a result of a tragedy in Luke’s family last week.
Download Episode 3 – Armadale, 100% Renewables & ALP Leadership.
This weeks podcast includes:
- My reaction to the Armadale Forum with Police Commissioner and Minister, including brief discussion on ‘privilege’ within the local community and the need for better community facilities in Armadale.
- Comment on government paternalism + prohibition/harsh penalties vs harm reduction.
- The need a set deadline to reach 100% renewable energy in Australia.
- Various plans for achieving a 100% renewable energy .
- The Greens ‘Energy 2029’ plan for Western Australia.
- Clean Energy Act of 2011 and the Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC).
- Reflection on change in Labor Party leadership & implications/opportunities. Continue reading Podcast Episode 3: Armadale, 100% Renewables & ALP Leadership
Armadale is a lower socio-economic area in the South-East of Perth with an unwarranted bad name due to persistent high crime rates. It’s also my home town and we really need a 24 hour, 7 day a week walk-in police station.
I’ve lived here (or in the surrounding suburbs) for more than 22 years now, since I was a 4 year old. Growing up in the area necessitated learning some street smarts, but was hardly a hostile environment for this privileged white kid to grow up in. I did OK. My brother and sister did too.
Unfortunately the quality and quantity of facilities for youths has not progressed since I was a kid, and nor have the local policing services. No offence meant to the hard-working local police with whom I have had many positive experiences. It’s not their fault they are under-resourced.
Continue reading Armadale needs a 24 hour police station